||The following representative engagements provide a flavour of the nature of advisory assignments undertaken by Interstice.
- Asian Development Bank - Sri Lanka
Advised on development of infrastructure bonds in the domestic capital market
- European Union - Russia
Served as senior legal expert for the Insurance Advisory Services II project in the Russian Federation
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Secretariat - Mexico
Advised on the first anti-dumping case brought by the U.S. against Mexico under the NAFTA
- US Agency for International Development - Honduras
Designed and implemented an innovative agricultural financing scheme in Honduras in the aftermath of “Hurricane Mitch”.
- European Union - Bulgaria (TEMPUS)
Advised on issues related to telecom regulation and restructuring of State Subsidies to Government-Controlled Enterprises, according to the European Community Treaty.
- Government of Canada - Costa Rica
Consulted to a Canadian government sponsored project on The Role of the Private Sector in the New Regional and Hemispheric Integration Process of the Foundation for Peace and Democracy (FUNPADEM-Costa Rica).
- World Bank - Africa
Acted as Board Secretary and Senior Legal Advisor to the Cotton Development Organization under a World Bank funded cotton sub-sector development project.
- Commonwealth Development Corporation - Brunei
Advised the Government of Brunei on drafting of environmental protection legislation and regulations.
- Cool Petroleum Holdings - Shell Jamaica
Advised on valuation, capital raising, tax structuring, and other legal aspects of an acquisition in the energy sector in Jamaica
- Confidential private sector client - Cayman Islands
Advised a technology company on setting up foreign sales subsidiaries in the Cayman Islands
- Equator Principles - Global
Served as technology consultant to the Equator Principles banks in their development of a website and internal communications infrastructure
- Confidential private sector client - Global
Advised a major money center bank headquartered in New York on designing and implementing an e-commerce workflow system for international structured trade financing
- Confidential private sector client - Philippines and Malaysia
Advised selling shareholders on corporate restructuring and positioning to facilitate entry of a strategic equity partner, for a large steel manufacturer in the Philippines.